By combining our TMD or TCS Load Centre with our Dry Type Power Transformer and THVC Switch, B&F can offer a ‘one box’ solution to your power utilisation needs.
Roadheader/ Continuous Miner Systems, Longwall Coal Faces, Water Pumping Systems, Conveyor Systems and Underground Ventilation are all applications for our Power Centres.
B&F innovated the multi-contactor Load Centre concept over 30 years ago, and have a proven track record with a large global installation base of these units. Simple, rugged and reliable technology is employed to reduce potential down-time and therefore reduce cost of ownership.
The Power Centre is designed to supply multiple utilisation loads (typically at 550V, 1100V or 3.3kV) from one or more 3.3kV, 6.6kV or 11kV feeder supplies.
A THVC switch controls and protects the incoming supply to the power transformer. The voltage is then stepped down to the utilisation level in the transformer. Finally, the Load Centre’s multiple utilisation outputs feed the individual LV loads, with dedicated and sensitive protection for each output.
This provides a simple and ‘clean’ solution with a minimum of cabling, as all connections to the transformer are accomplished inside the Power Centre itself.
|Power Ratings||and/any KVA up to 5000kVa|
|Primary||Any voltage or combination of voltages up to 11,000 V nominal|
|Secondary||Any voltage or combination of voltages up to 3,300 V nominal|
|HV Fittings/ Flameproof circuit breakers Y/N||Yes|
|LV Fittings||up to 20 drives|
|Protection relays||as standard|
|Auxilairy supplies||as standard|
B&F Power Centres are based on a modular design concept, available with a wide range of supply voltages, output voltages and power ratings.
- Mechanical: Sled, wheel, monorail or rubber tread carriage
- Supply voltage range: 3300-11000V
- Incoming supply protection: Overcurrent, overload, phase imbalance. Optional IEC68150-standard protection relay.
- HV switch rating: 630A
- Transformer power rating: Any, up to and including 4500kVA
- Transformer vector group: Typically Dyn11 but other options possible
- Transformer output configuration: Restricted neutral 750mA/2A with dedicated earth fault and neutral integrity protection
- Utilisation (LV) voltage range: 380-3300V
- Multiple utilisation voltages: Yes, typically 1100/550V but any combination of output voltages is possible within the rating of the transformer
- Utilisation outputs: Up to 12 (CHP/TMD range), or up to 15 (TCS range)
- Output options: 400A vacuum contactor starter, 160A vacuum contactor starter, 160A dual or reversing vacuum contactor starter. MCCB feeders up to 250A. VSD output up to 1100V/ 750kW (using B&F StarDrive flameproof inline VSD) or 1100V/ 150kW (using B&F modular VSD).
- Output protection: Short circuit, overload, sensitive earth fault, phase imbalance, under/ over voltage, earth continuity (pilot), loss of load, contactor failure, contactor loss of vacuum
- Auxiliary outputs: Up to 4, 125/250V with individual overload and earth fault protection
- Control and monitoring: Integral controller/ HMI system with monochrome display, or full colour display up to 15”. Full diagnostics and multi-language support.
- Network capability: Full control and monitoring of HV switch and load centre outputs. RS485/ fibre Ethernet (multi or single mode). Modbus/RTU, Modbus/TCP, Profinet, EtherNet/IP protocol options.
- Process I/O: Optional intrinsically safe I/O up to 192 points, analogue/ digital. Optional flameproof I/O up to 32 points, digital only.
All Baldwin and Francis equipment is designed with ease of maintenance in mind. We offer several maintenance solutions to suit your specific means.