The Logistics Co-ordinator is responsible for co-ordinating and controlling logistical activities between the stores (production side) and the operations team (office side). They are to enable the seamless supply of materials to the production team, whilst supporting supply chain management with strong supplier engagement, resolving procurement issues, and ensuring accurate stock and inventory tracking.
JOB TITLE: Logistics Co-ordinator
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
LOCATION: Baldwin & Francis Ltd, President Way Sheffield
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the operations management procedures, identifying resources, calculating cost and expenses reports, and the procurement timetables.
• Managing stock levels using IT/ERP systems and internal processes.
• Assisting with the co-ordination of logistics operations to support stores and production operations.
• Manage communication among freight forwarders, trucking companies, and warehouse representatives.
• Maintain and develop relationships with suppliers to support production requirements and expedite as necessary.
• Monitor materials for correct quantity and quality, assist with the management and resolution of supplier non-conformances to improve strategic supply chain performance.
• Support Operations/Production Managers to implement continuous improvements and build a lean manufacturing culture.
• Receive and check materials arriving on site from suppliers for correct quantity and quality.
• Notify the Procurement team of any supplier failures or issues to production.
• Ensure goods received are placed in the correct location and recorded accurately onto the ERP system.
• Produce kitting lists and collate items for issue to production.
• Manage returns from production with respect to storing in the correct location and updating the ERP system.
• Assist with the cycle counting of stock to ensure accurate records are maintained.
• Ensure the work area is kept in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
• Assist with work colleagues when required within your capability.
• Support the Operations Director/Manager to implement continuous improvements and build a lean manufacturing culture.
• Upholds the company core values.
• Diligent and accurate with their work.
• Promotes and encourages a positive workplace culture and quality work ethic
• Support the Company in all Health & Safety matters, Risk assessments and Safe systems of work.
• Participates positively in team meetings and briefs.
• Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organisation.
• Supports the operations team with any office side logistical/operations work.
• Support the production side logistical operations in the absence of the store’s operative.
• Participates in HR programs and supports company policies.
• Help support trainees and apprentices where applicable.
• Help support the Operations Manager/Director in developing positive supply chain relationships and strategies.
• Enforces policies and procedures as per our commitment to Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental standards.
• Carry out other reasonable duties as requested.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICIATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Proven experience in a similar role.
• Strong numerical skills.
• Experience working with ERP systems preferred.
• Flexible working mentality.
• “Can-do” attitude.
• An attitude of “continual improvement”.
• High attention to detail with strong organisational and communicational skills.
Interested? Please email your CV to email@example.com