Elite 3300v Variable Speed Drive
B&F introduced its first 1100V water-cooled Variable Speed Drive (VSD) to the mining market nearly 20 years ago. Since then, our product development programme has resulted in a range suitable for all types of mining applications, with ratings up to 2MW at 3.3KV.
Coal Face Conveyor (AFC), Coal Clearance, Water Pumping Systems, and Underground Ventilation and Skip Controllers are all applications for our VSD units.
The ‘Elite’ 3300V VSD is designed to control an induction motor from standstill up to its full speed, by simple insertion into an MV supply cable (in-line).
An advanced 3-level rectifier, dual-rail DC link and 3-level inverter combine to create the 3-phase output to the motor, with dedicated and sensitive protection for the output. Water cooling is employed to minimize the footprint of the unit.
- Sensorless Flux Vector Control
- Optimised motor control
- Heavy duty powered 3300V VSD
- Ideal for high capacity projects requiring exceptional power and control
- Modular design
- Fast replacement of components for improved efficiency
- Flexible rugged constriction
- Long service life and high reliability
- True drive and process visualisation
- Improved cost of ownership via reduced downtime
B&F ‘Elite’ 3300V VSD units are based on a modular design concept. All major components are withdrawable and exchangeable.
|Mechanical||Sled carriage, stand-alone (in-line)|
|Supply voltage range||Up to 3300V|
|Input rectifier||6-pulse, rated up to 2MW with 250% overload capability|
|Inverter||3-level, IGBT power section rated up to 2MW with 250% overload capability|
|Filtering||Input and output filters for low-noise operation|
|Output protection||Overcurrent, overload, sensitive earth fault, phase imbalance, under/ over voltage, earth continuity (pilot), loss of load|
|Control and monitoring||Integral controller/ HMI system with 15” full colour display. Multiple language support and full diagnostics.|
|Network capability||Full control and monitoring of VSD unit. Intrinsically safe RS485/ fibre Ethernet (multi or single mode). Modbus/RTU, Modbus/TCP, Profinet, EtherNet/IP protocol options.|
|Process I/O||Optional intrinsically safe I/O up to 32 points, analogue/ digital. Optional flameproof I/O up to 8 points, digital only.|
B&F developed the ‘Elite’ VSD in partnership with a major UK university, which itself is a Centre for Excellence in power electronics and drives. Advanced, but rugged and reliable technology is employed to optimise control whilst reducing potential down-time.
- Bespoke design for mining use
- Robust construction
- High power – 3.3kV operation provides up to 2MW output with a 250% overload capability
- Water-cooled using either an external water supply or B&F’s ‘Bafflo’ closed-loop cooler
- Very small size for rated output power
- Flameproof, fully certified to the latest international ATEX/ IEC standards
- Full control of speed and torque using a sensorless vector system – no encoder needed
- Integrated protection
- Integrated HMI system
- Optional intrinsically-safe I/O
- Network-ready for SCADA systems etc. with support for all popular media and protocols
- IGBT active front end or traditional diode based passive active front end available
All Baldwin and Francis equipment is designed with ease of maintenance in mind. We offer several maintenance solutions to suit your specific means.